Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Challenge - November Results

Lately I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything. I just feel like I don't have any time lately. It must be the holidays. The dishes and laundry are piling up and I have lots of errands to run. Maybe I need to start cutting into my sleep to get things done. Since the weekend of Thanksgiving through next weekend, I've had to go to family events out of town 3 of the 4 weekends in a row. If I leave right after work on Friday and we don't get back until late afternoon on Sunday, then the whole weekend is lost. So, this is the only weekend in a 4 week span I don't have to go somewhere. However, I was finally offered some overtime at work this weekend, and I also had a holiday party last night so I didn't have a lot of time this weekend either. Then the weekend after next is Christmas weekend, and the plan is to stay in town, but we'll still be busy. So with my busy schedule, some things have slipped through the cracks. Another thing that was put on the back burner was this blog. I don't know if anyone really reads this on a regular basis, but if you care, I finally got around to it and here are the results for my Christmas Challenge for the month of November.

Part time job: $42.11
Blog advertising: $149.80
Amazon affiliate: $4.77

Total for November: $196.78
Total made since start of the challenge: $1,282.08


Last month I said my goal was to make more than I did the previous month. I did not accomplish this goal. I made $246.26 last month, and this month I only made $196.78. I'm a little disappointed in myself for that. I guess I was a little lazy, I'm running out of stuff to sell, and some of it is just based on luck. But as I mentioned above, I'm just too darn busy with everything else.

This is the last month of the Christmas Challenge. I'm not sure what I'm going to do starting next month. I could start working towards paying for Christmas of 2012, but I don't know how much I'll be motivated by that in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment