Thursday, September 1, 2011

Christmas Challenge: August Results


This is formerly known as the "pay the taxes challenge", but now that I have decided to have extra money withheld from my paychecks, I shouldn't need to save for income taxes anymore. However, I still want to challenge myself to make extra money. Last month my goal was to make $875 outside of my full time job in the last 6 months of 2011. I was thinking since this challenge is to raise the money for the rest of 2011, I'll re-name this "Christmas Challenge". I figure between gifts and all the events during the holiday season, $875 is a good goal.

Here are the numbers for August:

Part time job: $12.39
Blog advertising: $143.24
Amazon affiliate: 14.52
Ebay (minus fees and shipping costs): $23.83
Craig's List: $65

Total: $258.98

Last month: $245.52
Total made so far: $504.50
Total left to make: $370.50

So I made pretty close to the same as last month, except I was better at diversifying my income by selling some stuff on Ebay and Craigslist. As expected, the blog income has gone down since interest in the topic is dwindling.

I'm happy to see I'm over half way to my goal! If I do as good the next two months, I'll hit the goal by the end of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment