Saturday, March 3, 2012

Update on asking my boss for a raise

In my last post I said I would be asking my boss for a raise, so I talked to him yesterday, but I didn't really get an answer.  So it looks like it's a maybe.  Unfortunately my boss just started at his position at the beginning of 2012, and with no prior supervisory experience, he doesn't really know how to handle raise requests from temp workers.  I was told by others who were temp workers to go to him, not my temp agency.  However, he said he'd need to ask the temp agency.  So for now I don't know if it's going to happen.  Hopefully he actually does ask and not push it under the rug and hope I forget about it. He didn't ask me how much I was looking to get, so I never did mention my wage I was hoping to get ($14.75). So even if he does come back and say yes, it'll probably be a lot less than I hoped since they'll probably just pick an amount for me and I doubt they'd just hand out an almost 10% raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment