Thursday, August 4, 2011

Don't Look

When I heard about the stock market having it's worst day in three years, I knew I shouldn't look my IRA balance. I kept telling myself don't look because this is money I don't plan on touching for at least 30 years. But, I couldn't resist and prepared myself for disappointment. Here are the results.



Just 2 days ago is was $1,437.34 more. That is nearly all the money ($1,600) I JUST put in three days ago. I wish I would have invested today and got the better mutual fund prices.

I just can't seem to win when it comes to money.  Speaking of bad news - I found out yesterday that our insurance won't cover out sump pump incident, so I don't know how bad that is going to hurt us. Apparently if your sump pump malfunctions and overflows from the sump pump basin they'll cover it, but if the sump pump malfunctions and doesn't do it's job - i.e. get rid of excess water under our house, then they don't cover that water damage. Stupid technicalities!

No comments:

Post a Comment