Thursday, August 2, 2012

What if one spouse a lot more money than the other?

I was thinking more about needing to think bigger with my income and I was thinking this is even an issue in my marriage. My husband makes almost 3 times as much money as I do. So if he thinks about money, it's likely that smaller amounts of money do not matter to him much. Which is why in his world it is ok to spend $3.50 a day on food that is not even a meal. By the end of the week he has spent $17.50 and in my world that is almost 2 hours of pay. I am happy my husband makes the money he makes, but I sometimes feel like he lives in a completely different world than I do. I feel like everything I do to be smart with my money just gets undone by his stupid decisions. I also feel frustrated when he spends money stupidly on things like beer. He can easily spend $20 a night in beer after his softballs game or when he's out. That's a lot of money in my world, but less than an hour's work for him. I'm not sure if I really have any advice on how to not get as upset, other than just try to look at the financial world through his eyes. Of course I'd rather him see money through my eyes and respect it more. Look at how much money I can save with the muffin and pop scenario. I think even he would admit $600 is a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment