Sunday, September 2, 2012

How bees ate $266

A few weeks ago we started to notice that there were some bees buzzing around our front door.  We didn't think too much of it at first, but then we realized they were crawling into the siding of our house.  My husband tried to use some bee spray to get rid of them, but it wasn't working.  It actually seemed like there were more of them!  So on Friday he tried to spray them again and this time he must has pissed them off and they stung him.  So he had to call the Orkin man to get rid of them.  Sadly it wasn't cheap. Our bill was $266. I wish that seemed like a small amount of money to me, but in my world that is almost a week's worth of pay. I sure hope that whatever treatment they used did the trick because that's a lot of money to spend on unwelcome house guests!

1 comment:

  1. We paid a similar amount to get rid of a swarm earlier in the year - I feel your pain :)