Tuesday, September 25, 2012

We are looking for a new car

We have a 2004 Chevy Impala with about 122,000 miles on it. It is a good car and still runs well. This day in age cars usually last over 200,000 miles. So I had planned on keeping this car for a while yet. But I did realize both this car and our other vehicle (2001 Ford Ranger) are getting up there in age and I have already been saving up to replace them. I don't know the exact miles on the Ranger, but I'm guessing it is around 140,000. So I figured we would be replacing that one first. However while driving the Impala on the way to work one day last week I noticed the heat was no longer working on the driver's side. I don't think it would be a big deal to fix, but when I told my husband he said "well maybe it's time we get a new car". I was hoping to get a few more years out of the Impala, but I'm also anxious to get "buying a new car" checked off our financial to do list. Another advantage to replacing it now instead of a year from now is we only have enough money to buy a used vehicle. If we waited another year we'd probably have enough for a brand new vehicle and because the money is there, my husband would probably want to splurge is get a brand new one that would lose a lot of value in just a couple years. We almost went and bought a new car on Friday night but the dealership was closed. We were busy the rest of the weekend, so we never made it back there. I am guessing we might look again next weekend. I hope we can find a good deal and that we're making the right decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment