Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I need a bigger shovel

Well I sold 4 items on ebay. I received $46.43 in my paypal account, but not all of that was profit:

$46.43
- $15.02 postage
- $3.00 packaging (approx $.75 x 4)
- $2.41 ebay fees
__________
$26 profit

Well $26 is better than nothing, but I can't help but feel a little discouraged lately because like Dave Ramsey would say I'm trying to fill a huge hole with a small shovel.



When I got my current job last August and found out I would be making $13/hour I was thrilled because I had not made that much in several years. Now reality is set in and I'm finding my little $13 per hour (or more like $10 after tax) is not enough. I'm finding I'm getting sticker-shock more and more often. Everything is costing a lot more than I thought. I'm frustrated that everyone can demand so much money from me, but I can only make $10 an hour (or maybe $13-14 if I'm doing overtime). I'm frustrated that people like doctors, car mechanics and even restaurants can charge hundred or even thousands of dollars to me for 1 to 2 hours of their time. We went out for dinner with my parents on Sunday and my siblings and I paid for my parent's meals, so it ended up costing us about $180! I think we were there for less than an hour and a half. The depressing thing for me is it takes 2 whole working days for me to make that much! I need to figure out a way to make more money per hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment