Tuesday, June 21, 2011

When it rains it pours


As if my financial situation didn't look bleak as it is, I have even more bad news. My husband was complaining about back and stomach pains on Sunday night, so he went to the hospital to get it checked out and found out he has gallstones and will need to have his gallbladder removed. He went in for surgery yesterday afternoon, but the doctor was running behind and it didn't get started until 6:30PM. Usually it's an outpatient surgery, but because the surgery was so late in the day and my husband has sleep apnea they decided to have him spend the night in the hospital. I've heard horror stories that overnight hospital stays are more expensive than the nicest 5 star hotels. I really hope we have good insurance coverage! So sadly yet again, Murphy came and messed with my financial goals. I know we got through the payoff the second mortgage faster than planned despite all the unexpected expenses that we went through in the past six months, but this time we don't have as much savings, money set aside for vacation, or opportunities for overtime pay. As a matter of fact, I should be at work right now, but instead it looks like I'll be taking an unpaid day off while I wait for my husband to be discharged. The bad news is it'll take a couple months for the medial bills to arrive so I don't know how bad this will be for awhile. But the good news is it'll take a couple months for the medial bills to arrive because I don't have much cash yet since I just cleaned out most of it paying off the mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment