Sunday, April 1, 2012

Extra Cash Challenge - March Results

I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I'm getting a raise. The boss at least told me it is still pending. Of course these higher-up's are not in a big hurry or anything. It's now almost a month since I originally asked, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I actually had an opportunity to work a few Saturdays this month, so it was nice to make about $300 extra this month. Too bad we recently had a $900 repair on our truck and a $400 repair on our car this month. In this case we would have been better off having 2 car payments on new vehicles that don't have issues. Hopefully we are done with repairs for a while!

Anyway, I thought I'd post my results for the extra money challenge. I did a lot better this month. Too bad it wasn't enough to pay for the repairs on the cars, but every little bit helps. I'm posting this a little early before some of these numbers become "official" (they usually go down slightly), but it should be close.

(Very) part time job: $7.44
Advertising for my blogs: $162.00
Amazon affiliate: $18.62

Total made for March: $188.06
Last month: $81.43
Difference from last month: $106.63

So I more than doubled my earnings since last month! Hopefully this will continue to improve every month! I have one blog in particular that usually makes about 95% of the income. However, this month my second most popular blog made $42.61 - or about 26% of the advertising earnings! That blog was also the source of pretty much all the Amazon earnings too. I was very happy to see that. However, there was a TV special about the topic of that blog that aired last month so that caused people to search for the topic and find my blog. I believe the special is now done airing, so my numbers might fall back to where they used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment